Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 24, 2011

Make A Plan And Stick To It

Why are Mondays the hardest day of the week?  Mondays mean you have to get up and start a new routine that will last for the next five days before you can slide into the weekend and enjoy two days then you get to start all over again.

That is sort of what my history of dieting has been.  Start out with good intentions on Monday but before Friday arrives I've slid into the weekend mode and began to feast on everything in sight.  But those days are gone.  No longer am I having to start my diet over on Monday because I blew it during my weekend, or as I used to think "My Two Day Pass".  My two days to eat and do whatever I wanted because it didn't count.
But it did count.  Those two days could undermine everything that I had accomplished during the previous five days!

Today I begin with Making A Plan and Sticking To It!  I think about my food intake for the day before I begin the day.  I know that fiber is my friend, so I will have the wholewheat bagel thin with the 1/3 less fat cream cheese.  That breakfast of champioins for me is only 180 calories.

My next food thought is my lunch with my husband.  Last night we determined that our best chance at a lunch date this week would be today.  So what to do?  He is not counting calories, nor does he need to.  So where can we go and what can I eat that will not undermine all my efforts?  I believe the choice is easy.  If we eat at the Cracker Barrell I can enjoy home-cooked vegetables and grilled chicken and he can have whatever strikes him.  The menu options are endless.  For me the four ounce serving of grilled chicken at 100 calories and 1/2 c. of corn, and pinto beans would give me 266 calories.  That would leave me with 954 calories for snacks and my evening meal.

I can do this!  By thinking of what I will eat and making a plan I can make better choices and therefore continue to get great results on My Journey To A New Me!!!

I will keep you posted as to if I cave in and eat a biscuit with blackberry preserves at the Cracker Barrell.  That is my biggest temptation in that place besides shopping in the general store.  Boy do I love a good bargain!

No comments: