Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 21, 2011

Shop 'Til You Drop.... 3 Sizes That Is !!!!

I had the very Best shopping experience yesterday!  Sundays are always so busy and yesterday was no different.  After church I had lunch with my husband and some good friends from church and then I had to drive to meet some other friends to pick up some decorations that they had borrowed.  On my way home I decided to stop at my favorite womens clothing store and check out the sale rack.

My purpose was to see if there were any pants that would fit me better than the extra baggy trousers that I have been wearing.  I took a couple of pair of slacks into a dressing room and they were one size smaller than what I had been wearing.  When the sales clerk came to my dressing room door to see how everything was going, I answered "They seem a little lose."  She told me to give her the pants and she would go and find the next size down. 

She returned a few minutes later and I tried on the next pair of pants.  To my astonishment they were also too big!  She gently knocked on the door and asked again how everything was going, and I replied again "Everything is fine, but these seem baggy also."

She said that she would go and look for the next size down.  But as I sat in the dressing room waiting for her return I began to worry that they would not fit.  What if they were too small.  What would I do? Buy the larger size and continue to wear all my shirts tucked in to help fill up the space.

She returned and handed me the hangers of slacks.  I said a silent prayer that this was not just wishful thinking, but that they would really fit.  I stepped into one leg, and then the other.  I pulled up the waist band
and reached for the button.  And to my utter amazement they fit perfectly!  Wow!  I have not been this size in almost 8 years!  I was beyond relieved, I was overjoyed! 

When she came back to check on me and asked again how everything was going, I almost sang my answer
"They fit perfectly, I'll take every color you have, please!"

And I left the store with 6 new pair of slacks, and a HUGE smile on my face that would not go away for
a very long time. 

Picture taken of me with my "Way To Baggy Pants"
3/20/2011


Picture taken of me in my new 3-sizes Smaller Pants !!
3-21-2011


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NICE !!! And very easy is to notice.
Marcie Thomas

Unknown said...

Awesome Kathy! This is such a huge accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kathy! What an inspiration you are. I am so proud of you...and could use some of that inspiration myself.

Brandy Kirkland

Lenora Gambrell said...

Kathy, that is great and I'm very happy for you. I know that you are so excited and feel better each day.

Unknown said...

You look wonderful. God Bless