Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 11, 2012

The First Step To Doing, Is the "Do"!

Looking back over the past thirteen months of my life I have seen so many changes in myself. Not just on the outside, the physical that everyone else can see too, but I see things differently on the inside.  Things are more clear to me now.   Things that would have bothered me in the past and would be an excuse to eat everything in sight now seem to have little or no affect on me.
Why do I share this with you today? Because I think that the real change in me began from the inside out. The first step to doing anything is the "doing". This word is actually one of  the smallest words in our vocabulary, do. The word "do"  is a very powerful word as long as you add one ingredient.  In order for it to take hold, you must put it into action! 

I remember many years ago when learning to bake homemade crescent rolls with my
mother-in-law.  She is probably one of the best cooks and bakers that I have ever met.  She  taught me the importance of adding an "active" ingredient to the mix.  She explained that without the active ingredient, which is yeast, the crescent rolls would not rise and bake properly.  Without it I could still go through the motions of baking crescent rolls, but without the active ingredient they would never rise.  The crescent rolls would not be delightful to eat but almost impossible to get down.

Well the same is true with the little word "do".  The word "do" does not do to much on it's own.  I have found on my journey to a new me that it is when I set this word "do" into action that I see results.  When the "do" becomes doing  then I have changed everything surrounding my circumstances.

In the beginning of my journey the "doing"  was more to do with my food choices and calorie intake than anything else, but now it has extended to more.  I am "doing" more self-reflection.  I am "doing" more in regards to my exercise, and I am "doing" more when it comes to encouraging others who may have just begun their own journey.

So here are a few questions to ask yourself.  What do I need to "do"?  What is stopping you from doing it?  And why don't I put some action into my thoughts and get started with the "doing" today?  Like the old saying goes, time is awasting!  Stop thinking about it and just start doing it for yourself!  I can speak from experience. You will be glad that you did!

No comments: