Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Three D's On My Journey

It is time to catch you all up on my progress over the last three months. It really is very simple.  During the last three months I have gained and lost the same pound over and over.  It is so strange that what has worked for the previous 12 months while on my journey to a new me now seems to be uneffective.

To say that I am not discouraged and disappointed would be a lie. I can see in pictures the progress that I have made. I can feel it in my clothes. But when the scale just sits there on the same number day after day it gets to be more than a little annoying.

Last night my husband told me to "get up and don't be down" and he reminded me to remember just how far I have come. So with that little pep talk I am going to start fresh and new. Beginning today I am going to begin blogging on a more regular basis than I had been. It may not make since to some, but just like some people need Weight Watchers and their weekly "weigh-in" and meetings, I need to blog. I need the accountability that it provides. When I blog, the good the bad and the ugly, I am holding myself accountable.

So I am saying "Good-Bye" to the black cloud of disappointment, discouragement and despair over my lack luster weight loss results thus far in '2012. Today is a new day. Today is the "new" beginning on my journey to a new me. I believe in myself and I know that I can still achieve my goal to lose 50 pounds in '2012!

So let me ask you. How many of you are discouraged in your own journey? Why don't you join me in a renewed effort to do it! Find a friend or family member to become accountability partners with, or reach out to me. We can do it! We can overcome this and reach our destination before you know it!

1 comment:

Doris said...

Hi - I just came across your blog as I was wanting to see when I did a search for my blog, what it came up with. My blog is called Journey To My New Me and I've been on this journey for a long time.

Anyway, God bless you in your efforts. Keep persevering. It's not all or nothing. If you fall, ask God to help pick you back up and get back on track. It's a bunch of small choices that do add up in the long run.

~Doris