Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 22, 2012

McDonalds Chicken Biscuit On My Journey?

This morning we were rushing to get to church on time and I did not have time to eat a healthy breakfast before we left for service.  The only thing to do was to grab some fast food which usually means a lot of calories.

We went through the drive thru at McDonalds and the choices were numerous and I quickly checked my favorite tool on my smart phone app www.myfitnesspal.com  to figure out exactly what my best choice would be.  I decided to order a chicken biscuit minus the biscuit, but had them put it on a bun.  Then I did my favorite thing and put the top of that bun in the bag.  So the chicken on the 1/2 bun was  only 205 calories!  That was the best option for me when I had to get something on the go.

Lunch was a different story!  We went to a restaurant with some friends that we had never gone to and they told us how awesome it was and how many choices we would have.  They failed to mention it was ALL southern cooking!  I walked up to the counter and my choices were mashed potatoes and gravy, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, cornbread dressing, fried chicken, roasted turkey and a few non-starchy vegetables.  I selected the roasted turkey with no gravy, and the dressing with no gravy and green beans.  I strolled past the cornbread muffins and yeast rolls and closed my eyes when I saw all the desserts and pies.


Lunch was easier than I thought it would be.  Then tonight we ran some errands and we ended up at Chilis for dinner.  My previous experience at this restaurant was not so good in the low-calorie choices.  It is funny to me that they have salads that have 1200 - 1700 calories in them!  Now that is simply too many calories for this girl.  So I checked out their new lighter menu items and selected the grilled chicken with black beans and rice.  And it was not only tasty but it came in at only 550 calories. 

So all in all  I would say that I had an awesome day with staying within my calorie allowance.  Who knew eating out three meals in a day could be done for under 1400 calories?

No comments: