Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Trade-In For A New Model Of Me!


My 1988 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Oh How I loved this car!!!!

I don't know about you but I have always loved new cars!  In my early years of marriage I worked at both Ford Motor Credit and GMAC financing cars.  It was a very interesting career and one that I enjoyed.  One of the best benefits to working for these two companies were the added bonus of being able to purchase a new car for below dealer cost.  That meant that I was eligible to purchase up  to two new vehicles per year and get a very good deal on them!  During those 8 years of my life my husband and I enjoyed many different kinds of vehicles, and in the late 1980's and early 1990's I left my office job and began a career as a car salesperson.  With absolutely no expeience what-so-ever in sales, I stepped into  an adventure of a lifetime.  This one single decision set a course in my  life that I have never detoured from.  After selling cars I later began a career as an inside sales person, and have been doing this now for over 20 years.

So you are probably wondering why I titled this blog post, "Trade-in for a new model of me!"  Well it is a New Year and it is this time of year that makes me look back in the previous chapters of my life.  So I took a little time to reflect on the past year(s) of my life.  Up until December 10, 2010 I was on a collision course with  an early grave.  With diabetes type II, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and being classified as morbidly obese,  I was living a life that was going to end much quicker than it should.  It was then that I began My Journey To A New Me.

Me & My Hubby at my son's  wedding  May '2009
(The sad thing to me is, I thought we looked good )
The first part of my journey was to lose 100 pounds in one year.  Many of you have been reading my blog for quite some time, and you have read my account over the past year of how I have been able to successfully drop 101 pounds in one year! With no surgery or "easy get skinny quick scheme" I was able to lose the 101 pounds by changing my attitude and thoughts towards food.  But more specifically, about how much food that I should be eating.  I have continued to eat 1400 calories per day and will probably never deviate from this amount of calories.  Even when the scale does not move down like I think that it should, I still believe that 1400 calories is the correct and sufficient amount of calories for me.   I am still faithfully using my cell phone app myfitnesspal.com to record my calories, exercise and water intake.  I have people ask me all the time, "Why do you still use that app to keep up with your eating and food intake", and I strongly believe that even though I have a good "idea" of how many calories that I am consuming every day, it is always better to "be accountable" by recording them on a daily basis.  This is the best way that I have found to accomplish my goal on my journey to a new me, and if something is not broken, then why try to fix it?

Just in case your wondering.....
This Smile Is What Losing 101 Pounds Feels Like!


So this year I did not want to go out an buy a new car, but I did want to do something to help me lose the 50 pounds that I had targeted for my weight loss for this year on my journey to a new me.  But what?  What could I do that would help me to meet this next goal on my journey?   Well in my next blog post you will  discover the road that my journey lead me down next, and for many of you I promise it will be a huge surprise!  But until then, here's to a healthy and happy New Year to all of you! Don't wait until tomorrow to begin your journey to a new you, remember the old saying "Tomorrow Never Comes".  Start today, right this moment to make changes that will last you a lifetime!


                      Happy New Year!

No comments: