Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year! And What A Year We Just Finished!

Well today is January 4, 2012 and I have now been on "My Journey To A New Me" for a little over one year!  It has been over two weeks since I last posted anything to my blog and once I fill you in on my activities you  will understand why.

Lunch time for me at
Sonny's BBQ

Pam & Ryan get engaged!

On Saturday December 3, 2011 my daughter came over to my house to help me decorate for the Christmas holidays.  We were about half way finished when her boyfriend came by the house to visit.  We were having a rather nice conversation when all of a sudden they tell me that they want to get married!  Wow!  This is some really big news I tell them.  And I followed it up with a simple question, "So, when were you thinking of getting married?"  Maybe this spring or summer?

Then she rather sheepishly replied, "Momma, we were wanting to get married this year."  I did not know what to say, so I replied with the first thing that came to mind, "This Year?"  You mean this month?  When?  and she began to ask me a series of questions, "When is your and daddy's wedding anniversary?"  I said December 10th, next weekend and no you can't get married on our anniversary, that is only a week away!  She then asked what day did my birthday fall on this year.  I said December 29th is on a Thursday and no, you can't get married on a Thursday.  I told her that her wedding day needed to be her special day.  They needed it to have no special meaning for anyone else other than "their" day.  They then looked at each other and smiled.  She told her boyfriend to ask me about the day that they had in mind and he said "I understand if you say no, but we really were wanting to get married on Christmas Eve."  Okay so now I got the full picture.  They wanted a Christmas Eve wedding the entire time, but my daughter knew that she would have to work me a certain way to get this day, and she succeeded.

With the date decided we knew that we only had three weeks to the day to accomplish everything that had to be done.  Not to mention it is Christmas so I already had a full schedule of events and activities that I was already committed to, along with all my Christmas shopping that I had not even begun yet.
Me & My Hubby in
Nashville, TN
Because I thought that I had plenty of time, who knew I had a wedding to plan!  Oh and don't forget that the following weekend was my 28th year wedding anniversary and we spent three days in Nashville, TN. 

But I have always been a go-getter, and I am a very organized person when it comes to events and planning.  I began to write down a list of all the things that had to be done in the next three days.  That day we went to Publix and selected the wedding cake and grooms cake.  I knew on this day that we wanted it to be perfect, and I was going to have enough calories saved up that I could enjoy a piece of each cake! 

This picture was taken by a good friend
with his cell phone during the ceremony.
Sunday after church they selected and purchased the wedding rings and that afternoon we attended our extended family Christmas gathering.  Things were going pretty smoothly and by that evening we had contacted one of our very good friends and he committed to perform the wedding ceremony.  Now we could really work through the other details.  When I asked them where they wanted to have the wedding she replied, "Mom could we get married at your house?  It is so pretty with all the Christmas decorations, I would love to get married here."  I agreed and we then had to figure out a way to work it out so that we could have seating for at least 50 people. 

Next we went to the office supply store to purchase wedding invitations.   There were several to choose from and once purchased, my mother helped me with the task of coming up with a verse.  We were quite the team, while she printed them off, I stuffed envelopes and addressed each one. By Monday morning the 50 invitations were in the mail.

During the next two weeks we worked out all the other details including the photographer, music, flowers, wedding dress, my dress, what the guys would wear, the food for the reception, the wedding favors,  and so on.  The big day came and I praise the Lord that everything went off smoothly.  We had beautiful weather and a great turn out.

The next day we celebrated Christmas with the family.  I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband, parents, and children.  The Lord has been so good to me.  In '2011 I have so much to be thankful for.  And did I fail to mention my current weight loss?  I apologize for not mentioning it earlier.  As of December 23rd, I was down 101 pounds on my journey to a new me.   Now that is amazing!  That is almost the exact weight of my 24 year old daughter who just got married on Christmas Eve. She weighs between 100 - 105 with all her stinking clothes on and her shoes!!!

This year my committment to myself is to lose another 50 pounds.  I know that I can do it.  If I can successfully lose 101 pounds in '2011, what is 50 pounds this year?  I will keep you posted as to my progress, but until then.  What are you going to do about your health?  Your life? Your weight?  Let '2012 be your year to accomplish your goals!  I know you can do it!  So what is stopping you?  The race has started, now get up and get going! 

No comments: