Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Big Day Big Plans ... Don't Blow It

My BFF and I have a nice evening planned tonight after work. My birthday was on Dec. 29th and she invited me to dinner and a movie in honor of my special day. I know it is well past my Birthday but we were waiting on a particular movie to come out, Country Strong starring Gwyneth Paltrow.

Yes, I realize that the movie came out a couple of weeks ago but we have been trying to coordinate our schedules, and Atlanta got hit with the worst snow, sleet and freezing rain than we have seen in over forty years and shut down the school systems for a full week!

So, tonight is the special night. We haven't discussed our dinner options yet, but she is very supportive of me and is excited about My Journey To A New Me! Where ever we go I feel confident that I can stick to my plan. Dinner is not my temptation, but something else is.

You guessed it, as soon as we walk into that movie theater regardless of what I have eaten five minutes before and was so stuffed I had to carry out two doggie bags! As soon as I smell that oh-so-tempting butter popcorn. No not just buttered popcorn but MOVIE buttered popcorn I know that I will be tempted.


So what to do with the scenario? Hope and pray that the popcorn machine is out of order and they don't have any? Maybe wish that the young teenager working behind the counter will shout out at me as I am approaching the counter, "Hey fat lady, do you really think you need a large bag of buttered popcorn?". At which I would duck into the nearest ladies from embarrassment.
Or maybe just walk into this theatre will a plug up my nose and a bag over my head to keep me from this outrageous temptation!

I will let you know how it goes.....

No comments: