Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Devine Intervention At The Movies

Tonight could not have gone any better. My BFF and I enjoyed a very nice dinner at Longhorns where we dined on Flo's Filet, salad & baked sweet potato (minus the sugar in the cinnamon sub Splenda & 86 that butter! I don't care what Paula Dean says)

After leaving the restaurant we rode together in my vehicle the short distance to the mall to get our tickets for the show, Country Strong. We purchased the tickets in the almost deserted mall and made our way upstairs when I realized to my horror that I had left my new iPad back at the restaurAnt.

I was so worried that I immediately called Longhorns and after describing it to them they said "yes, it had been turned In. "Thank You Lord!" I then called my husband to see what he was doing. He had just eaten dinner with his older sister earlier that evening and after I explained what happened he said he would go and retrieve it for me. What a Wonderful Husband I have. I LOVE him so much!

We went to the ladies room before entering the dark theater and it was then that I realized that I didntsmell or see or think about the... popcorn! Doesn't God have a great way of keeping us on target? He knew this was going to be my biggest temptation and that I didn't have a clue how to battle against it so he throws me a diversion to distract me and keep me from all that buttery high in calories and fat popcorn.

The night was a blast! We both enjoyed the movie, and I can honestly say because we ate such a satisfying meal before time we did not miss the popcorn one bit. So the moral of this story is don't think that there is any temptation too great for God to help you through. Because this is proof enough for me!

No comments: