Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 27, 2011

The "Art" of Making A Goal and Achieving It

Many of you know that I am married to a wonderful artist. He has built his business for over 25 years providing commercial artwork, graphics, design, window splashes and hand painted signs to many businesses nationwide.  I was looking back over some pictures that I recently downloaded from my mother's camera and I stumbled across this
picture taken of us last Christmas, just two short weeks after I began my journey to a new me.  I remember at the time thinking what a great picture this was of us.

Thinking of my husband and his great artistic talent got me to thinking.  I believe that there is an art to setting a goal and achieving it.  It was one thing for me to say "I want to lose 100 pounds in one year" but it was another thing to figure out how that I  was going to do it.

One of the best things that has helped me is to break down the weight into increments.  I know the big picture is to lose 100 pounds in one year, but that is a big number to try to visualize.  So on my journey to a new me I have found that there is an art to making a goal and acheiving it.  What has helped me is that I set short term smaller goals that I can acheive along the way to my big one year goal of 100 pounds.

As of this morning I am down 81.2 pounds on my way to my Labor Day goal of 85 pounds.  When I look at the calendar I see that Labor Day is only a week and two days away, but I refuse to stop trying to get to my next goal of 85 pounds.  So how do I know that I will be able to make this milestone?  There is no way for me to know for certain, but I will continue to follow my simple plan of eating 1400 calories per day and we will see see where my efforts get me.

The best advice that I can give to others who have weight to lose is to make a big goal, and then set some smaller goals along the way, and before you know it you will hit not only your smaller goals but your over all goal as well.  I will keep you posted on my progress and who knows maybe I will get to the 85 pound mark before Labor Day!


This picture was taken today at a good friends wedding.
I love this picture of us!  It is amazing to be 81.2 lbs. lighter
 than I was 8 months ago!  Here's to more weight loss
success in my near future!


No comments: