Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fall Into Good Habits

The weather is turning cooler and crisper as the first day of fall arrives and with it comes shorter days and more reasons than ever to fall into good habits. This is the time of the year that my husband flips between football games and baseball games on TV as one season is just starting and another sport is coming to a close. I love both sports but if I could only pick one then it would have to be football. There is something exciting about watching it and cheering for our teams.

So how can I fall into good habits? What does that mean exactly? The first thing is to stay on track. Don't look for excuses to eat more than my 1400 calories. With the holidays coming up I need to be proactive now with how I can divert the temptation that always comes with those sweet desserts and "second helpings" of my mom's delicious turkey & dressing.

I am currently looking for ways to "burn" calories that will allow me to enjoy a small taste here or there and not feel deprived when the pumpkin pie apinging dumplings are being offered. I like walking with my friend at the local park because it is easy to set a pace of 3 mph or more and before you know it we have walked 2 or 2-1/2 miles and have enjoyed catching up with each other. But I know as the days shorten and the weather turns from cool to cold I will not want to make that brisk walk outside any more. So I am thinking now about other ways to get exercise indoors without joining a gym. I will keep you posted to my ideas and who knows maybe I will begin to utilize that elliptical equipment that is parked in my dining room! But until then, here's to falling into good habits this fall!

No comments: