Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 25, 2011

If It's Too Big, Give It Away!

Have you ever lost weight and had a closet full of clothes that simply did not fit any more? Well since losing 84.4 pounds since December 11,2010 I am this person, and since I have determined that on my journey to a new me that I am never going to go back to my old ways I felt like it was time to purge my closets.

Some people talk about Spring cleaning, but this was quite a bit more than that. I had tried taking some of my clothes to a consignment shop back in the spring and after 90 days, and 35 items they gave me one top back that wwas unsold and a check for $28.95. That's all that I received for my share of the goods sold. I began to wonder what to do with all my big clothes, and I decided to ask one of my friends if she would be interested in coming to my house and taking some of my clothes that did not fit ay more, and she said yes she would love to.

When she arrived with one of her girlfriends I asked them to join me in my walk in closet and I preceded to empty out almost 90% of my closet for her to enjoy. To say that she was a little overwhelmed is a huge understatement. She was very excited and just could not believe that I had done this. I told her that it was an honor to give my perfectly nice clothes to someone that I knew would wear them and enjoy them for herself,

So with a nearly empty closet, I wondered what to do. Should I go to the mall and begin buying an assortment of things to refill my empty closet or what? I believe that I am learning something very important while on my journey to a new me and that is less is more. Earlier this summer I went out an purchased several pairs of shorts and capris and now they are all way too big. This is a good problem to have but it is also very costly. I think the best plan of action for me will be to only buy what I must have and make do until I get down to my one year goal of 100 pounds.

It has been two weeks since I got to the 84.4 pounds lost mark and it is very frustrating with the scale just sitting there on the same mark, but I refuse to lose heart. I will keep doing what I know to do. I will eat my allotted 1400 calories per day and I have begun to walk or work out on the elliptical several days per week. I will keep you posted on my progress and I hope to hit 90 pounds by my sons birthday on Oct 7th!

No comments: