Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Celebrating One Year On My Journey To New Me!

Me At The Beginning of
My Journey To A New Me
I know that everyone has probably been holding their breath since yesterday in anticipation to my big weigh-in yesterday morning and the waiting is over.... Almost. It would not be nearly as much fun if I didn't let the anticipation build just a little bit, would it? It reminds me of the old movies where they were filmed in black and white and the music would change to something fast paced and you knew something was about to happen. So with a drum roll please I would like to announce my weigh-in at the completion of my one year mark on my journey to a new me............................ (that's my version of a drum roll)


As of yesterday I have successfully lost ....... 99 pounds in one year! I praise the Lord for helping me to have the strength, courage, and determination to accomplish so much in one year! I am now a believer first hand that with God all things are possible. God's word tells us
"but with God ALL things are possible. (Matthew 19:26). So if he said it, I believe it, and I trust that I can continue on my journey to a new me to lose that last little pound and begin my second phase to lose 50 pounds in my second year!

Well I can already hear some of you. "Well I guess she is disappointed that she did not hit her 100 pounds in one year goal.". And to anyone who thinks that I am discouraged, or down by not seeing that 100 pounds I have something to tell you. If someone was going to be a lawyer and they went to take the bar exam after all of their years of college, law school and hundreds of hours of study and they took that bar exam knowing that they had done their very best. They could not have studied one more minute, they couldn't have read any more law reviews, or crammed any more than they did. They walked into the room to take their bar exam and felt like they "Aced" it. ( that means made a perfect score). And when the results were in they had made one point lower than perfect. Would they be disappointed? Would they be considered a failure? I say NO! To me they would have something to be very proud about. There is no shame in coming in super close to your goal but not hitting it exactly. Why? Well for me I believe the Lord is still teaching me that it is by his grace that I have made it this far, and it is by his grace that I will accomplish all that I have set out to do.

I am not stopping now on my journey to a new me. With every passing day I am one step closer to my goal of 100 pounds. Mi love to look in my rearview mirror on my journey to see just how far that I have come! Here is a little look back over the past year on my journey to a new me.



2 comments:

Connie Locke said...

Kathy, you have done a phenomenal job and you're a fantastic inspiration to me and others on our own journeys. Hope to see you soon! De Colores,
Connie Locke

Lenora Gambrell said...

This is just wonderful. I am so proud and happy for you. I know Kevin and all your family have been inspired by your will and courage to post this journey. Have a Very Merry Christmas!