Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Getting Off The Mark

First dear Blog I apologize for the ten day absence from blogging. I know it is not acceptable but I have been so busy and just didn't make the time. I know, I remember that famous saying from my good friend Eddie Echols, "you do what you want to do.". And I guess I just didn't want to do it at the time, but hey, here I am. I am back. Now let me catch up for a while.

Wow! Ten days it a long time. Where do I start? I think I will fill you in on my busyness. Last time I wrote I told you all about my date night with my good friend and our movie. The next day I went to Waffle House with my hubby and ordered my special. Three eggs, hold the yolks on two (my pups love this special treat in their food later) add one slice of cheese, and two slices of dry wheat toast, and no grits. Yes, I said no grits, I need that 200 calories for something later that day.

We had to be at our church to set up for a ministry fair where we are teaching a small group class. We are leading a small group using the book "The Five Love Languages.". It is an awesome book and after teaching a very successful class of fourteen last year we knew that we wanted to do it again.

After all that we decided not to waste another minute of the beautiful weather that we had been blesses with, high 60's to 70. We got out the Motorcycle and my trike and we hit the road. We road for about an hour and a half. It was glorious! I love the feel of the open road and it is so relaxing to me.

I can't remember what we did for dinner, but I think it was Mexican, not a great choice, but I had not eaten lunch so it would be ok, if I was careful.

At this point the scale still had not budged from my 32 pound weight loss, but I weighed every day in anticipation that I could finally break the pattern.

The week to follow was a blur of activity and finally the next weekend was upon us. Friday evening I had a surprise 60th Birthday for a girlfriend at church to attend at The Diner at Sugar Hill and I decided to try to "jolt" my system by eating fried food, country fried steak to be exact. It was super delicious and very filling. When I left I had that "I'm stuffed" feeling... Not good.

The next day we had a dinner engagement with some good friends and we had decided to eat at Pappadeaux Seafood. We had not dined there in several years and of course in the spirit of "jolting" my system I ordered the fried seafood platter with red beans and rice. It again was delicious but way too much food!

Sunday I began my day like always with a bagel thin with light cream chesse (180 total calories) and had decided we could journey to he Mexican restaurant for lunch to continue with my "jolt" experiment. I enjoyed a taco loco / taco salad and ate half of the fried tortilla bowl. It was yummy in my tummy and I preceded to go home and take a two and a half hour nap. That evening we went to the Cracker Barrel where I could have been good and ate grilled chicken and veggies but my stomach said "Pancakes, I want Pancakes!". So still telling myself that I was "jolting" my system, I ate two pancakes with Sugar-Free syrup (like that would make a huge difference!). But I enjoyed every bite and went home to enjoy some time with my husband and parents.

This morning to my horror my experiment to "jolt" my system actually worked!! Instead of being down 32 pounds like it had read for almost two weeks, I was now up a pound, and feeling pretty down on myself!!!

Why is it so easy to put the weight back on, but so hard to get it off to begin with? This experiment in "jolting" my system taught me a very valuable lesson. "Don't try to do it myself. Allow God to do it in His timing." I know I have other valuable lessons to be learned and learning to eat to be healthy is only one of them!"

No comments: