Powered By Blogger

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Finding "IT" When Your Not Looking

Have you ever found something really great when you were least expecting it. This has happened to me several times in my life but Sunday was an especially great "find". Here's what happened.
We came home from church after going out to eat with family and friends and my daughter and her boyfriend decided to hang out with us for a little while at the house. He asked could he look at my newspaper, the want ads to be exact. And of course I said yes. After all it was just some "free" newspaper that was being thrown in my driveway that I had not subscribed to and it  would probably end up in my recycle bin any way.

He pulled out the classified section and began his search. I began scanning through all the Columbus Day sales that everyone was offering. When he laid down the paper a page caught my eye. The heading said "Cheap Stuff - Everything Under $250.00 ". Huh? I had never seen this before, and therefore I felt it deserved a quick look.

At first nothing seemed like a great deal, or something that I had been looking for all my life until I got to the last column and scanned down the list. My eyes stopped on a ad that read:  "For Sale"treadmill in almost new condition. Approx 2-3 years old, used very little, purchased from Sports Authority, like the one in a gym,complete with  iFit. Asking Only $250.00

Well I grabbed my cell phone and began to dial the number before I could talk myself out of it.  The owners were very nice, and answered all of my questions.  Now I had two obstacles:  first I had to convince my husband that I needed another piece of gym equipment and then I had to figure out where in my house to put it.

The next day when I came home from work my husband turned into the "Best Husband In The Whole Wide World" and had gone and purchased it for me.  There are no words to describe how excited that I was.  And to be honest, it looks brand new. The family who owned it before never even broke it in.  It is really like being in my own personal gym within the four walls of my home.   I love it.  For the past few days I have been working out every morning and evening on the elliptical and the treadmill.  I believe that this is the key to unlock the weight loss again.  I can tell a huge difference already.

So just like that, in a split second it seems,  I went from someone who lead a very seditary lifestyle to someone who looks forward to working out.  Because it is not the sweat and exhaustion that I desire but the results that I am seeing on the scales by putting in the effort to get moving.  So what are you waiting on? Time is a wasting!  Even if you don't have the funds to purchase equipment to work out on.  Use what you have.  The Lord blessed most of us with legs that can be used to walk, jog, run, and do step exercises.  And don't forget about your arms, they have the abilility to burn calories to.  So again I ask the question.  What are you waiting on?   It is time to find the "IT" that you have been missing and stop making excuses.   Let's get this work-out party started!

No comments: