Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I Am Now 9/10ths Of The Way There !

Okay, saying I am now 9/10th of the way there is just a fancy way of letting everyone know that today I reached my 90 pounds of weight loss on my journey to a new me!  It reminds me of the baseball playoffs and the World Series that is being televised right now.  I am finally in the "home stretch".  With 90 pounds off, and only 10 to go before I reach my 100 pounds off in one year goal.

It makes me wonder, where does the time go?  There is an old saying "Time flies when your having fun" and I began to wonder if this applied to my journey to a new me.  Honestly at first I would not really say that it was a whole lot of fun.  What it was actually was a whole lot of learning and listening.

For starters, I had to figure out how I was going to lose the 100 pounds in one year.  My doctor insisted that if I counted 1400 calories per day and did not eat more than my alloted 1400 calories per day that I would lose weight.  But how to count those calories?  So next came another learning  curve. I had to learn how to journal and log my food into my iphone app myfitnesspal.com.  There were days that I was not sure how large my serving of something was, so I did the next best thing, I guessed.  You see I had learned many years ago from a Weight Watchers meeting that journaling your food intake was important, and even if you were not sure what the food points count was, you needed to put something or some point value there to "mark" the fact  that you had eaten something.

Next, I had to learn to listen.  I had to listen to my body for clues about hunger, and when it was full.  The old me thought nothing about eating as many biscuits at Cracker Barrell, Hot rolls at O'Charleys, wheat bread with cinnamon butter at Longhorns, or  chips and salsa at the Mexican restaurant, and then finish off  everything on my plate.  Who cared anything about the little voice in my stomach saying rather loudly "STOP!  Please STOP!  I am full!  I can't hold any more!  I am going to be sick if you put anything else in here!  Please STOP!  No, before I began this journey to a new me, I never listened to this little voice.  I had a motto:  "There is food, I must eat it, not just some of it, but everything!"

Now 90 pounds lighter, I feel that I have not only learned a few things about myself, and how to control my over eating, I also have learned to listen to those hunger sounds, and those sounds of I'm full.  I know now that it is ok to leave food on my plate.   I know that some things are ok to be taken home and warmed up  for lunch the next day, and that there are some things that if I don't eat all of it
that is okay to and I don't need to worry about "wasting" food. (aka.  some fish meals are never good re-warmed the next day)

So with 10 pounds to go before I reach my 100 pound weight loss goal I have some hard work ahead of me but nothing that is impossible.  Because if God is for me, then who can be against me?  Believe me, if I can do this  I know that you can to.  Start today to do something about in your life.  Whatever your obstacle, you can began fresh and anew today.   I know that once I have reached my 100 pound goal, I can begin the next phase of my journey and I don't know about you, but I am getting excited about all that lies ahead of me!

No comments: