Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday's Are Fabulous

What do we all work so hard five days a week for? A weekend to rest, relax, and enjoy ourselves! Well for me Friday has always been one of my favorite days of the week. Why you may ask? Because it is the starting point of every weekend. The beginning of fun things ahead.

For most of my life when Friday came around I was already planning where we would go and what we would do and all of my plans always seemed to center around food. What restaurant were we going to try? What sweet desserts had I "earned" from being so good during the week. an on and on and on

Well with this Friday I am noticing a big difference in my thinking. I have gone from thinking of food to thinking of activitires. What can I do? Where can I go? What kind of activity or exercise should I do? This is a very strange thought process for me but one that I am willing to spend a little time exploring.

So here's the question.  How does a obese woman in her mid to late forties go from thinking about food all the time to really paying attention to what they are eating, how much they are eating, and counting the "calorie cost" of all that they are eating?  While on my journey to a new me I have found it easier and easier to keep up with all of those things.  And I believe it is not only because I faithfully use the app myfitnesspal.com but because after ten months and 88 pounds of weight loss, I am a believer.

So what do I believe in?  For starters, I believe in the method.  I believed shortly after my December 11, 2011 doctors visit when he challenged me to "Do Something About My Obesity".  With very little, or I should be honest here, with no will power to speak of, I began to count every calorie from every food item that I put into my mouth. 

Next, I believe in the process.  I believe that just like the weight did not just pop onto my body over night, it is not going to fall off my body over night either.  I think that there is alot of truth to the statement that the slower that the weight comes off of me, the slower it will be to come back on, if ever.  Why?  Because I have had to count the cost to get the weight off.  I have watched every tenth of a pound drop off my body (thanks to the nice scale that I purchased early in the beginning stages of starting this journey to a new me)  I have celebrated every intermediate goal that I have acheived and I have been able to give away a full walk in closet full of clothes to a very dear friend.  That is great reason to believe in the process.

But the greatest reason is because I believe in myself.  It has been a very long time since I could say that.  In the past the person that I believed in the least was probably myself.  At least the being able to successfully take charge over my health and well being.  I am very successful at so many other things but being able to control my over-eatiing has never been one of them.  But this is no longer the case.  I can say that I do believe in myself, and the strength that the Lord has placed in me to accomplish what I started.

I have no doubt that when December 11,2011 gets here that I will be celebrating 100 pounds lost in one year.  How do I know this?  Because I am putting forth all the effort, counting all the cost (calories) and can see the finish line straight ahead of me.  Like the apostle Paul wrote in the Holy Bible :  " I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7

So I believe and my faith is strong.  I will put all my belief, faith, hope and trust in the one who gives me strength. Wth the Lord's help I can do this.  I can beat obesity in my life once and for all.  I give God all of the glory for my success so far.  Without Him I would still be sneaking around, eating in secret, and looking for my next Krispy Kreme donut.  I am enjoying my new life, and my journey to a new me.  So I will conclude with my earlier statement, Friday's are Fabulous, but so is every day for the rest of my life because I have so many more of them now!


This picture was taken a week  ago                       This picture was taken one year ago



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look incredible! What an inspiration you are to me!!!!! You have no idea my friend.

wordwarrior said...

So happy for you! ... You are such a pretty lady, too!