Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Celebrating 28 Wonderful Years Of Marriage

Today is the beginning of several special things for me.  Today my husband and I traveled to Music City USA (Nashville, TN) to spend a three day weekend celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary.  On December 10, 1983 I said "I Do" to my best friend in the world.  And I am happy to say that he is still my best friend in the whole wide world!  I was a very young girl of 19 years of age when I made those vows "To death do us part" and that marked the adventure of a lifetime for both of us.  Don't get me wrong, our marriage is not perfect because no marriage is perfect.  But I would not trade my marriage for anything in this world, but we are like every other couple out there.  We have our good times and our less than good times.  (That is the same as bad times, but sounds a little better worded this way. Don't you? )  I can honestly say that if I had to weigh the two,  the good times would far out weigh the less than good times. 

On my journey to a new me I have often wondered why my husband has stood by me through the years of  "thick and thin" .  (And by looking at pictures of me from December 11, 2010 and earlier years, you would probably agree that there were more "thick" than "thin" years.)  So it is with a heart full of love that I get the opportunity to spend three uninterupted days with my husband and best friend.  We are
enjoying the "Sights and Sounds" of America's Country Music Capitol, Nashville, TN.

Tonight we enjoyed a country music filled evening at the Opry at the Ryman Auditorium.  We found ourselves serenaded by country music legends from old like, Jimmy Dickens, who has been performing on the stage of the Grand Ole Opry since the 1940's, Jeannie Seely, Bill Anderson and  John Conlee and the final performance was by Darius Rucker who recreated his career by moving from pop music to country music and he brought the house down!

Another big event that will take place this weekend is my one year mark on my journey to a new me.
On December 11, 2010 I began my journey to a new me to lose 100 pounds in one year.  If you would have told me a year ago that in 12 short months that I could successfully lose 100 pounds, Without  Surgery!!!  I would have been very doubtful.  You see, I am the obese person who made every excuse under the sun to not do anything about my weight, except to add to it.  This morning when I visited Mr. Scale I stepped onto the scale in anticipation of what the digital numbers would declare.  It was not unlike the weigh-ins that I watch on The Biggest Loser.  The scale started displaying different numbers as it searched for what my actual weight was, and for one brief moment I saw the number that I have been working so hard to acheive, but before I could shout out loud with excitement the scale stopped just short of my goal.

As of this morning I am down 98.8 pounds.  So I am only 1.2 pounds away from that incredible goal of 100 pounds in one year! We will not be back in town for me to actually weigh in again on December 11th so I will step onto that scale again on Monday morning December 12th to see if I have met or surpassed my goal.  I am not worried one bit about the results, or about gaining a pound or two while on our weekend getaway.  Why?  Because I am well equipped with my cell phone app, myfitnesspal.com and I am staying at my 1400 calorie per day allowance.

Some may think that I have put too much emphasis on my journey to a new me.  That trying to lose
100 pounds in one year was unthinkable, but I know that this 100 pounds is only the beginning of what I need to lose.  My health and well-being has improved with every pound that I have lost.  In my last blog post I announed that I would like to lose 50 pounds next year.  You may ask, "Will you be at your goal weight once you acheive the 150 pounds?"  And to be quite honest, I don't know.  I probably won't know until I get there, but the not knowing will not stop me from working hard to hit that new goal.  Now that I have begun this journey I am not going to stop until I finally get there.  And wherever "there" is, it is certainly better than were I am today. 



No comments: