Powered By Blogger

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Getting Close To The Bulls Eye!

Thanksgiving has come and gone and I am now in the home stretch on my journey to a new me.  It seems like only a few weeks ago that I began this journey to lose 100 pounds in one year.  With only 10 days to go I am now down 95.6 pounds.  I am close to that Bulls Eye but with only a little more than a week to go I can't stop doing what I have done this far.  I will not get discouraged when I am this close to the finish line.  But how do I lose 4.4 pounds in such a short time?
Over the Thanksgiving holiday I enjoyed time with family and friends.  The best part was that I ate the same food that everyone else enjoyed. We had fried turkey, my mom's homemade cornbread dressing, baked ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, my sisters homemade macaroni and cheese, green beans, greens, fruit salad, and rolls.  The only difference between my plate this year versus last year was two things, first I did not pile the plate sky high with a huge serving of each item and second was that I did not go back for seconds.  I am not saying that I was not tempted, but I had just enough of everything without overdoing it and I took control of my thoughts to over do it. 

Then there was the assortment of cakes and pies.  You probably think that I passed on the dessert but this was Thanksgiving and I had waited all year long to celebrate this holiday.  On past holidays I would graze around the dessert table during the afternoon and evening but the good news is that I only had a small taste of the pumpkin and apple pie that my son made for us to enjoy.  They looked picture perfect and there was no way that I could not have a little taste.  My son Will learned to bake those pies when he was twelve years old from his grandmother.  If she was alive today she would be so proud of him.  The entire pie, including the crust is from scratch!  Now that is one thing that I have never been able to master.
Me at Thanksgiving '2011

Christmas is only 24 days away from today and I know that the next 24 days will full of  parties, holiday treats and other temptations.  I will stay on my A-Game and continue to count my 1400 calories per day, and use my cell phone app myfitnesspal.com to track my food, calories, exercise and water intake.  Who knows next time you read this blog I may just be announcing that I have hit my 100 pound weight loss goal!  I am in this for the long haul.  The finish line is straight ahead and I am pressing to that mark.  Wish me well on my journey and I hope to see some of you when I get there.
Me today - Down 95.6 pounds in eleven months!

No comments: