Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Three Pounds To Victory!

My husband and I at our huge family Christmas Party this past Sunday!

When I was a young girl we often had to find ways to "entertain" ourselves.  We did not have cable TV satellite, movies on demand, or the RedBox to go get a movie from.  Whether we were indoors or told to "Go outside and play", we had to create fun and exciting ways to "entertain" ourselves and one of those ways was to play games. 

One of my favorite games was "Mother May I"?  To play this game you simply had to have two people but it was more fun with three or more.  One person would be the  "mother" and the others would stand about 100 feet away in a line and wait to be asked a question.  The question would be something like this:  The person who was the mother would tell the first person,  "Take two giant steps" and that  person would have to say "mother may I"? before taking the two giant steps.  If they just took two giant steps without asking permission  by saying "Mother may I"? they would have to go all the way back to the starting point.  The next person would then be asked a question like, "Take three baby steps".  If they replied "Mother may I"?  then the mother would reply "Yes you may" and they would then take those three baby steps and be that much closer to winning the game.   You see to win the game you have to successfully reach the person playing the role of mother before anyone else did.

So as I stepped on the scale today and saw that I was just three small pounds away from my Huge 100 pound goal on my journey to a new me I began to reflect about those three baby steps.  I know decades ago when I played that "Mother may I"? game we always wanted to hear the "mother" call out to us, "Take Three Giant Steps!" no one wanted to be asked to take baby steps.  The giant steps were so fun because that meant that you would get to her quicker, but what we did not realize was that in our excitement we would forget to say those magic words "Mother may I"? and we would be told to start all over again.

Well today I am happy to report that I will gladly accept my challenge of those three little pounds, or my three baby steps, and instead of saying "Mother may I"?  I will say instead "The good Lord willing, I will drop those last three pounds by my December 11, 2011 dead line.  That may seem like an impossible thing to accomplish in such a short amount of time but with my God I know that all things are possible. 

So there is reason to rejoice on my journey to a new me and it is time to celebrate those last three baby steps because once I accomplish that I can begin my next phase on my journey to a new me and that is to lose 50 pounds in '2012!

No comments: