Powered By Blogger

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Decisions, Decisions, And More Decisions!


We got up this morning to begin a new day and we had decisions, decisions and more decisions to make. We are staying near the Gaylord Opryland resort, but unfortunately not in it.   When I called they were booked solid for the entire month of December. So we have settled for a nice suite at the Best Western. Our first decision of the day was what to eat. The choices were unlimited. The hotel offers a free continental breakfast but this consisted of cereal, sweet rolls, muffins, biscuits and gravy and the make-yourself waffles. Yes you guessed it, all starch! On my journey to a new me I have learned a long time ago that starting your day with a "healthy breakfast" is one of the keys to unlock weight loss. The other choices were: the Cracker Barrel, Waffle House, and Bob Evans. We chose the later and put our name on the list for a 15 minute wait for a table. Unfortunately it turned into 35 minutes and my stomach was growling like crazy! 


I had two scrambled eggs with one slice of cheese, one piece of wheat French toast with sugar free syrup and two slices of crispy bacon. We then had more decisions to make. Were to go and what to do before arriving at the Grand Ole Opry to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular Show. We drove around Nashville to see the city, and found Boswell Harley Dacidson where I tried on new leather jackets and showed my sweet husband a few things that I would like for Christmas. We grabbed a quick bite to eat and headed for the Rockettes.
I have seen many Broadway shows in New York City over the past ten years and I have been a regular patron of the Fox Theater in Atlanta, GA and I can honestly say that I do not believe that I have ever seen a better show! The poise and precision of their performance was extraordinary. I just kept wondering, "How Do They Do That?". Near the end of the show my husband leaned over and whispered to me, "Are you learning those moves?" And I replied, "Are you kidding? That is crazy!". We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and tonight we have our last event to attend, The Music City's Christmas Spectacular Lights Display.

This has been one of the most memorable wedding anniversaries that we have ever had and we have had a great time sharing and reconnecting. I learned at the beginning of my journey to a new me that I don't have to sacrifice a good time or a vacation. The same rules apply while I am traveling as I maintain in my every day life. It is called "Pay Attention". By this I mean, 1) Pay attention to what I am putting into my mouth. 2) Pay attention to the portion size. 3) Pay attention to how the food that I am ordering is prepared and finally 4) Pay attention to my stomach when it is telling me it is full or that I am not hungry!

If I do these four simple things I have no problems staying within my 1400 calories per day!
I don't know if you believe me, but on this trip we have been so active that I may just need a vacation from my vacation to get a little rest!

No comments: