Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Biggest Loser Weight Loss Tricks Revealed (Part 3)


This is the third installment in my three part blog post The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Tricks Revealed.  The comments below are from the host of the popular NBC TV reality show and soap star on NBC Days of our lives.

The host of The Biggest Loser is also a mom of two, actress, and author (The Mommy Diet). So how does Sweeney eat right and find time for exercise? Read on.

I stopped looking for a quick fix. About 10 years ago I went from a size 12 to a size 4. I'd tried a million fad diets, but I realized making healthier choices was the best way to keep the weight off. There is no magic pill.

I set a specific goal. After I had my second child, Megan, in January 2008, I wanted to get back to my pre-pregnancy size in time for The Biggest Loser finale in May. I worked hard to achieve that goal -- eating well and taking spin classes. Now I'm the same weight I was before my pregnancy. It was tough losing my tummy but I did it.

I use slimming strategies I've learned on the job. Sometimes I turn my vacation into a mini Biggest Loser boot camp: I clean out my diet, cutting out alcohol, sweets, and other bad stuff. I go to the gym every day. Giving yourself one week to concentrate on your diet and fitness is a great way to jump-start your program

I try to be a role model for my kids. I want to make sure my children [Sweeney also has a son, Ben, 5] learn healthy eating habits. I'm always horrified at the choices I see on kids' menus, like chicken nuggets and fries. Instead, I order a healthy meal off the regular menu and share it with them.

I always seek out new challenges. A friend is doing a race where you climb the stairs to the top of the Empire State Building in New York City. I'd love to do that.

Originally published in Ladies' Home Journal, February 2011.

No comments: