Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Inspiration Leads To Motivation

As far as I know there is no scientific data or in-depth research to support my claim but I do know that on my journey to a new me that I am discovering for myself that inspiration can lead to motivation!


I am a die hard watcher of the TV show The Biggest Loser. Every season they bring on a new collection of morbidly obese participants and after many weeks of 8 plus hours per day of excessive exercise and personal trainers and a very low carb diet they shed weight like crazy!


Now I know how unrealistic losing ten plus pounds per week really is. I also know that the average overweight person does not have the time in their normal every day life to devote 8 plus hours per day exercising in the gym, but what I do gain from watching this show is inspiration. It is after watching the weekly installment of this show that something happens to me.  There is a spark of inspiration experienced and some how it becomes motivation for me to do it for myself!


'Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition'
Rachel was the first contestant on the show and her start weight was 369 lbs. and she lost 161 lbs. in one year!
The latest season of the Biggest Loser has been over for a couple of months now and a new series has begun airing on ABC called Extreme Makeover - Weight Loss Edition. The goal of the show is for one morbidly obese contestant to get the break of a lifetime. They get their own personal trainer (Chris Powell) who will work with them for one full year to learn how to lose weight and to keep it off. The trainer lives with them for the first three months before leaving them at home on their own to do it on their own.  Just watching this show inspires and motivates me to continue on my own journey to a new me.


The journey that I am on is not a sprint but a marathon.  I am determined to do this for the rest of my life and never u-turn down the path of gaining the weight back and a unhealthy lifestyle.  So allow me to inspire some of you to do it for yourself.  There is no time like the present!

No comments: