Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Believing In Yourself

Me on vacation 6/2011 doing more &
enjoying the great outdoors
(Garden of the Gods -Colorado Springs, CO)

If you are like me there is one thing that is hard to do at times and while on my journey to a new me I see that it is something that I have had a problem with in the past and that is "Believing in Yourself".  There are several quotes that I have discovered that have helped me during my journey to a new me and I wanted to share them with you and to express my thoughts about a few of them.

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."  Eleanor Roosevelt

"It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not."  Anonymous

"The thing always happens that you really believe in; and the belief in a thing makes it happen."

Frank Lloyd Wright


"If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right."  Mary Kay Ash

"Your belief determines your action and your action determines your results, but first you have to believe."
Mark Victor Hansen

"What matters is not the idea a man holds, but the depth at which he holds it."  Ezra Pound

"He does not believe who does not live according to his belief."  Thomas Fuller

"Some things have to be believed to be seen"   Ralph Hodgson

"To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe."
Anatole France

"It is easier to believe than to doubt."  Everett D. Martin

"Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful."Mark Victor Hansen

"God didn't have time to make a nobody, only a somebody.I believe that each of us has God-given talents within us waiting to be brought to fruition."  Mary Kay Ash

I love all of the quotes above but during my time of research the last three really spoke to me.  When I started this journey to a new me I had no idea if  I could do it.  I had so many thoiughts like; "What if I started this journey and was unable to do it?" or "What are people going to say when I tell them that I have started on this journey to a new me?" 

Well once I had made up my mind to do it, that is exactly what I did!  But my first step was to believe in myself.  Now this is not an easy thing to do.  When you have had a problem in the past "believing in yourself" what made me think that I can do it now? 

Because I got to the point where I was done with being unhealthy and obese.  I decided to believe myself for a change and see if it would make a difference and guess what?  It worked!  I am down 75.8 pounds and looking forward to hitting my 100 pounds in one year goal.  It all started when I made the simple decision to believe in myself.  I began to believe that I could do it.  I started believing that I could acheive my dream to be healthy and fit.  So where do I go from here?  I am determined to continue my journey to a new me and believing in myself. 

So where are you?  Do you believe in yourself? Do you believe you can do something great for yourself?  If not, what are you waiting on?  I believe in you.  You can do it.  It is time you believed for yourself. Don't put it off another day.  Close your eyes and say a prayer, and believe.....

No comments: