Powered By Blogger

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Seven Day Challenge To Eat Right and Get Fit


I don't know about any of you but I have never been able to say no to a challenge. When I was growing up we played outside with all of the neighborhood kids and usually it was one or two girls and the rest wild little boys. We would do crazy things like build ramps to ride our bikes or skateboards off of and "challenge" each other to do it. Sometimes it was more than a challenge it was a dare, and sometimes it was a "double dog dare"! have tried very hard to not put a challenge out on my blog but today I am giving into the temptation and putting it out there. So for all of you out there who are "Up for the challenge" here it is.

The "Seven Day Challenge To Eat Right and Get Fit" consists of the following guidelines.
Women choose your total calorie intake per day
1400, 1500, or 1600
Men choose your total calorie intake per day
1800. 1900, or 2000

Drink only water (tap or bottled, no seltzer or carbonated)
Reduce your coffee and tea intake to no more than two cups per day (cream & sugar substitute only)
Limit Diet Cola to no more than 2 servings per day
No "SWEETS" of any kind including but not limited to Little Debbie Cakes, ice cream, cake, pie, donuts, sweet rolls, cinnamon rolls, candy, cookies, brownies, rice crispy treats, etc  etc
( I think you get the picture)
Take advantage of all the sweet summer fruit that is currently in season to help curb your sweet cravings.
Use calorie counting apps to help you keep up with your calorie intake.  I prefer http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ but there are other options on the web. 
http://www.calorieking.com/
http://www.caloriecount.com/
http://www.myfooddiary.com/
http://www.everydayhealth.com/

Don't forget to weigh before you begin.  We all need to know where we are starting from.  If you do not have a scale, use one at your gym, or a family or friends.  Don't weigh every day.  As tempting as it may be do not weigh during the week but wait until the same time of day the next week.  Try to wear the same clothing so that the difference in the clothing weight does not interfere with your results.

I did weigh in this morning and I am getting even closer to my 75 pound goal.  As of this morning I was down 74.4 pounds and loving every minute of it.  So, I have put the challenge out there and I am just wondering who is up for the challenge?  What are you waiting for?  I double-dog dare you to do it.  You will be glad that you did!
My husband, Kevin and I on the train ride from
Antoninto, CO to Chama, NM 6-29-2011

1 comment:

Suzy Stevenson said...

I am so proud of you!!! You look WONDERFUL! Can't wait to see you in person and talk!