Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 8, 2011

Fridays Are Fabulous!

I love Fridays! Fridays are my favorite day of the week. You work hard all week to make it to Friday and the possibilities for the weekend seem endless. So much to do and only two days to squeeze it all in!

This Friday is already much better than last Friday because last Friday I was feeling bad and had decided that if things were not improved on Saturday that I would have to go to the doctor and get some medicine to help me fight the allergy junk that always gets me this time of year. Now don't get me wrong, I love the flowers, and beautiful flowering trees, shrubs and bushes like everyone else, but my eyes, nose and throat have something else to say about it! For three days last week I "self-medicated" myself with things you can buy over the counter. Well guess what? That stuff just don't work on me. So off to the doctor to get real medicine.

As usual they prescribed Z-pack and rest. My afternoon was spent with my now deceased Minnie Pearl as she lived out her final day. By Sunday morning I was not much improved and decided not to try and croak out any singing on the praise team at church and gave myself a day of rest.

Well almost a day of rest, except for doing our taxes! Another one of my least fun things to do every spring. By 11:30 pm I was ready to call it a day and our taxes were done. Now time to rest up and face another reek full of work work, and more work.

Then Monday morning brought me nothing but surprises. In my eyes that is! I could not open my right eye and my left eye was very red and puffy. Yep, you guessed it "pink eye". After a trip to the doctors office , my second one in three days, it was determined that I had bacterial pink eye and I was highly contagious. The doctor said "no work for you until Wednesday!" What? I had to be out two day! Two days? That is a lot of time off for me who does not like to be out of work. When I am out I get so far behind, and the poor people trying to handle my desk, my calls and my customers are not too happy either!

Those were the two longest days I can remember. Boredom over took me. And like most people when your bored. You look for something to do or eat! Yes, I said eat! I was sitting in my house, minding my own business when the thought came to me. I wonder what there is to eat? I wonder if there is anything salty in the pantry, like Pringles or Munchos, or other chips? Maybe a handful of mixed nuts? Then my thoughts turned to sweets. I remembered that I had made a home made yellow cake and had cut up some fresh strawberries with sugar for my husband to enjoy strawberry shortcake in the evenings after a long hard day. And as I began to think about the food choices, my thoughts turned to " it's not what your are thinking about eating Kathy, it's how much you are thinking about eating!"

Wow! Talk about a eye-opening experience! I had a moment where I could almost hear someone else saying these things to me. It was not my imagination, bur an inner voice that said "it's okay to eat those things, any of them that you want, but you need to think about how much you are going to eat, and how many calories that would be.". Then I stopped! I quit thinking about the food. I don't know why exactly. Maybe because I did what Gods word says, I took every thought captive. ( We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV). I then started doing other things instead, like my parents taxes! Aren't I a great daughter?

So Wednesday I was back at work and digging myself out. I don't remember much about Wednesday or Thursday for that matter but I knew this morning was Friday! My day to get up, get moving, and get it done! Finished! Time for the weekend to begin. Now if I just had something fum to do? But regardless I have made it through another week, my taxes are behind me, and a beautiful weekend is fast approaching. I will keep you posted about how the weekend is shaping up, but I can tell you this Fridays are Fabulous, and I love every one of them!

No comments: