Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It Is Not Easter Yet And I Am Still Losing!!!

Well as of Saturday morning, 4/16/2011, I can happily report that I am down 54.8 pounds since begining My Journey To A New Me!! And the farther that I go on this journey the more that I learn about myself.
Every day is an adventure.  Sunday evening my husband and I along with my parents ate dinner at my all time favorite pizza place, Vinnys New York Style Pizza on Sugarloaf Parkway.  It is always outstanding, but I must have really been hungry for pizza because it was super yummy!

I bet you are wondering why I ate pizza?  Did I reward myself with food like I said that I was not going to do when I hit specific weight loss goals?  Well the answer is simple.  No,  it was not a reward.  We eat at this restuarant 2 to 3 times per month, and I always enjoy the same thing.  Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza!!  I love it because the crust is thinner than what you can get with Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Dominoes, and the other fast food pizza places.  The pizza at Vinnys (the "real" Vinnys is on  Sugarloaf Parkway, please don't mistake any of the other locations for this one, they are not the same. They do not use the same premium ingredients as Vinnys on Sugarloaf)

Any way, I was not "cheating" or going off My Journey.  I always count 1400 calories per day and then STOP.  Yes, you can eat this pizza as long as you don't over do it and as long as you have counted all your calories from your other meals and you have not exceeded whatever it is that you set as your daily intake limit.  And what is working for me is 1400 calories per day.  And I believe in the old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"


I love the journey to a new me that I am on because I do not feel deprived.  I have never felt deprived.  I can honestly eat Anything that I want as long as I do not go over my allocated calories per day.  So next time I go to Vinnys to have me some of that New York Style delicious pizza, maybe I'll see you there!

No comments: