Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Good-Bye To Our Sweet Anastasia


Anastasia (Annie) & Minnie Pearl
Last Thursday my husband and I had to make one of the hardest decisions of our lives.  Our oldest miniature schnauzer, Anastasia, (shown in picture on the left) had been suffering for quite some time with a heart condition and seizures.  In the past few weeks she was having more and more problems breathing and we made the decision that she would be better off being put to sleep.  So last Thursday we said our good-byes and did what we had not been able to do on two other occassions and had her put to rest.

It is weird but in the two and a half weeks since Minnie Pearl passed away it was like watching our Annie going down a very steep hill.  I believe she died of a broken heart from missing her "sister" of 12 1/2 years.
Anastasia was almost  14 years old and had lived a long life.



The sadness was settling over me when we walked into the house and she was not there to greet me.  Why did they have to die so close together?  All I wanted was for someone to stop the ride and let me get off.  She was the smartest dog that I had ever owned.  She could do neat tricks and she was a great companion.  I will miss her so much. Our home is so much quieter now that there are only the two puppies to entertain us.
But the one thing that I am thankful for is that she is no longer suffering.



After losing Minnie Pearl I saw for myself that I was stronger than letting sadness or depression push me into emotional eating.  You know the type of mindless eating that we all do when we are under stress, depressed, worried, or allowing other cares of this life get us down.  I continued on My Journey To A New Me because I know that is what I have to do.  I did not exceed my 1400 calories per day during any of this time and I do not believe that I will.  I even exercised 4 times last week.   Now THAT is a record for me! 

So with a heart full of sadness, I say Good-Bye Annie & Minnie.  You may be gone from our lives but you will never be gone from our hearts.  We love you both and miss you so much!  Now if we can just get the two new puppies to step into your shoes and learna trick or two!

Me and Allie (Brown) and Harley (black & Silver)
Both  are female Minature Schnauzers
taken 3/12/2011



No comments: