Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 11, 2011

My Husband Is One Of A Kind



 
Kevin & Kathy at son's
wedding May '2008



When it comes to husbands, I must say that I have the Best One!!!  We have been married for over 27 years and we have made it through all the good times and the bad. You could say that he has stuck with me through "Thick and Thin".  (No pun intended - okay well maybe a little pun intended)

I have been every size under the sun, and some in between.  While he  has maintained his youthful 36" waist for the past twenty five years.  (The first two years of our marriage he was a 32 and then a 34.)  I guess being happily married affected his waistline a little bit too!   But he is my soulmate and I love him just the way he is.  I would not change anything about him.  But some times I wonder if he thinks the same towards me.

I often ask myself what is it that has held this marriage together all these years?   Is it because I am the easiest person to get along with?  Let me answer that, No!  Is it because of my charm and outer beauty?  Again I will answer that, No!

It is because we said vows before God, family and friends to Love, Honor and Cherish til death do us part?   YES! The answer is YES!!  Because neither of us has died yet, so we are still keeping this covenant to each other.  And the love we have for one anoher continues to grow stronger and stronger with each passing year.

Why is it that so many marriages today end in divorce?  Studies show that over 50% of all marriages end in divorce.  It is not just marriages of non-christians, but of all marriages combined.  This is very troubling and confusing for me.  
  
Does one spouse wake up one morning and decide that they no longer love their mate?  Does one spouse look at their mate and decide that their spouse has "let themself go" and they no longer want to be married to that person because they no longer look like they did when they were first married?   I can honestly say that if outer appearance were the criteria for my husband staying in our marriage he could have left a long time ago.  The pictures posted on this blog post include some pictures of us during the past few years, and you can look look at us.  Really look at us.  You can see the love in our eyes!  We don't just love one another, but we are "in-love" with each other.  

My & My Hubby at church
January 2009

 


My love for my sweetheart grows with every passing day.  He is my best friend and Number One encourager.  He has stayed with me because he loves me.  His love for me is unconditional.  That means everything to me. 

I know that we will have so much more fun once I have taken off more of this weight.  Already we are planning a fun vacation out west this summer full of tons of activities and things to see. 

We had a blast during our recent day trip to downtown Atlanta touring the Georgia Aquarium and The World of Coke.  I am just so happy that I am getting healthier and will be able to do more with my husband in the days to come! 
Me & My Best Friend and Husband
at the World of Coke
(Feb. '2011)



No comments: