Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hitting The Mark, Not Just 50 ..... Hello 51 !!!!!!!!



Well Saturday morning Mr. Scale greeted me with the happy news I have been waiting for. Actually he did one better! Instead of seeing that mile marker of 50 pounds down, I got the cherry on top! Hello 51!

I was at home by myself and had no one to share my good news with so I called my parents. They were both very happy with this accomplishment. They knew how hard I had worked to get here. I invited my dad to breakfast at my new favorite breakfast spot, C.G.'s Restuarant in my hometown, Hoschton, GA.



Hoschton is one of those towns that's hard to pronounce unless someone who lives there teaches you how to say it properly. You can always tell when someone who is not familiar with our very small town tries to say our city name. It always comes out sounding like "Houston" but this ain't no Houston! This is Hoschton, pronounced Hush-ton. Like your "pushing" something.

Any way we met up for a great breakfast including my favorite thing, biscuits, that are home made and are often referred to as "cathead" biscuits, Because that is how big they are! Oh and don't forget the white gravy. (don't worry, I still get the gravy on the side and "dip" my pieces of biscuit into that white creamy delight). My dad had a ham and cheese omelet and I had two eggs scrambled with a little cheese. But the highlight of my meal was not the food necessarily but the quality time spent with my dad. It has been a very long time since he and I shared a meal together when it was just he and I. Now don't get me wrong, I love spending time with both of my parents and we thoroughly enjoy living three miles away from them, but time spent with your dad just talking and sharing. You just can't put a price tag on that!


This is Me at the beginning of
My Journey To A New Me!
Nov. 2010
 After breakfast I went over to there home to check on my mom as she had a little out patient procedure done on her eyes to correct a problem with her eyelids. She was feeling much better and I asked her to take a picture of me minus those 51 Pounds! I also wanted to let her know that I was wearing a pair of my favorite jeans that I have not been able to wear in at least TEN years! Yippee! They fit pretty good, and I was able to wear a belt to help them stay on my waist! She took several pictures and I was happy to see that even I could see the results of my hard work.

So how does it feel to be 51 pounds lighter you ask? Like I am not carrying around 10 Five Pounds of Potatoes anymore! How do you think it feels? Absolutely Womderful! I have so much more enery and every day when my foot touches the floor as I awake in the morning, I say Thank You Lord for another great day! Another day to do the right things and eat what I want up to my 1400 calories that is!

 
I'm going for it!!
75 Pounds By 7/4/2011
or Bust !!!
I originally set my next goal of 75 pounds for Labor Day but something tells me I will make it before then. Who knows maybe by July 4th I can greet that 75 Pound weight loss with a hug and a kiss!

3 comments:

Donna Ambler said...

Kathy, I am thrilled for you! My weight loss is stalled...but I'm not giving up! I now have my Gazelle Glider in my family room...not ideal but I need it to be handy and where I can't ignore it! I really like it...I could do it longer if not for my hurting feet...I usually get on at the end of the day...so, am trying to motivate myself to get up earlier and get that exercise in to start my day! You SO earned that 'cathead' breakfast! You're inspiring me to keep up my efforts!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, Kathy. I know what a challenge it is, but you are doing great. Keep up the good work! I can see a big difference in your photo! I'm rooting for you to make your next goal by July 4.

Unknown said...

Kathy that is wonderful! I knew you would hit your first goal early, you're a go getter! You look absolutely amazing and I am excited to watch you succeed in your weight loss goals.