Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Can't Wait To Get My Walk On

I have been wanting to get started with a regular exercise of moderate walking since I began my journey to a new me. It should be a pretty easy thing to do. I have access to a free gym at my work with two treadmills and I have an elliptical trainer at my house, so what is stopping me? My feet! My left foot to be specific. I have had a sore spot on the bottom of my foot for several weeks. Two weeks ago I had a pedicure to remove the hard callus from the bottom of my feet and heels but my left foot is still not cooperating.

Today I decided to take matters into my own hands or should I say feet. I am going to put a thick bandaid on my sore spot along with two pair of socks and start out on my elliptical to see how that feels and if it is comfortable I believe I will go for a walk. It is supposed to be a nice spring like day with temps in the High 60's. Tomorrow promises to be even nicer with 77 degrees. Shorts weather for all of those who aren't embarrassed to wear shorts and show off their winter white legs.

I will keep you posted with my progress. I know it is going to take more than eating right for me to get healthy and I believe this is my next step ( no pun intended).

No comments: