Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Change is Good If Change Is What You Need

Have you ever heard the expression "Change is good if change is what you need?". I believe that there is a lot of truth to this statement. Change is good "IF" change is what you need. That little two letter word "if" makes all the difference. In my case, change is what I needed. I needed a change from what I was doing, and what i was eating, and where I was going before starting on My Journey To A New Me.

I don't know why it took me so long to get to that point. It is more than saying "I'm sick and tired of being this way.". What action is there in that? How can you change if all you are doing is admitting to the obvious?

In my way of thinking, otherwise known as "putting the Kathy on it", to change is to do something differently to get a different result. If I always do the same thing, eat the same thing, and continue in the same direction I was headed, I will never change the result to what I was hoping for, no praying for!

If the word "if" is the small piece of the puzzle, then the word "Change" must be the big piece of the equation. Change for me can be summed up very easily.

C = consider that there is a better way
H = have an open heart & mind
A = accept help and encouragement from others
N = never give in to the temptation of going back
G = give yourself a break, if you miss the mark ... try again
E = every day can be an opportunity to bring about a change for the better!

So folks that's all vie got to say about that.

No comments: