Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 28, 2011

Give Thanks When Thanks Is Due

Today I would like to give a little, no make that Big thanks to someone vey special in my life. She came into my life a little over three years ago and I knew from the moment that I first met her that she was going to be someone that I would love and cherish for a lifetime.

When she came into my family she brought with her two of the most precious children that I had ever seen. She had a quiet, reserved and often shy way about her. The total opposite of me and the majority of my family. You see my son found this lovely young lady on eHarmony on Christmas Day and began a long distance relationship with her.

Twice and some times three times a month she and her very small children would travel from her small town in the mountains of North Carolina down to our home in the suburbs of Metro Atlanta and stay with us. Yes I said she and her two small children would stay with my husband and I while they dated and we fell in love with all of them as my son was doing the same!

From January to March, three very short months my son told us that he had decided that he wanted to ask her to marry him. We knew he was serious and supported his decision, after all we had fallen in love with not just her but those two precious children also.

On Easter weekend he had everything planned, the ring, the place, and the proposal. She gladly accepted and they began to talk about when the big day would happen. He had given us hints that it would be during the same year but maybe in December. We thought that was reasonable. That would give them about a year to really get to know one another and get some details worked out. Like where they would live, where she would work, as she had to relocate to the Atlanta area. But as all things change, so did the wedding day. The very next day he called and said, like only your son who wants to get a positive answer will do, " Hey Momma! We've decided that we don't want to wait until December. We know we love each other and want to get married and we don't think there is any point in waiting." I held my breath...... What was he going to suggest? Eloping? Running to a justice of the peace? But his next words were "We would like to get married over the Memorial Day weekend". I said, "of this year?". And he said yes!

That was almost two years ago, and I can honestly say that she has been a sweet addition to our family. Not just her but those precious grandchildren of mine too! And today I would like to say "Thank You" to my daughter-in-law who had me start on my blog in the first place. After four weeks on my journey to a new me and me giving her weekly, and some times daily updates, she said you should blog your experience. And thanks to her I have been doing that ever since. I did not begin exactly when she first suggested it because I was a little scared and did not know what it was all about, but now that I am blogging this journey to a new me I am so happy that I did. I give her the highest kuddos for suggesting it and for believing in me. Who knew I could do this? If I can do it, anyone can do it!

I would also like to wish my #1 Daughter-in-law a Very Happy Birthday! And I hope all your wishes come true! have a Happy Happy Birthday sweetheart!

No comments: