Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 11, 2011

It Took a Week But I Did It!

how could you forget my experiment to "jolt" my system last week? It was all about getting off the 32 pound plateau that I found myself on. That plateau was not a lovely sight to behold. There was nothing going on and it was very boring there. Enter my idea of jolting my body and mind into thinking that I had gone back to my old way of thinking and eating. Mindlessly putting food, any and all types of food into my pie hole to see what the end result would be.

What kind of experiment was it when I knew what the end result would be to begin with? Well I am happy to say, no I should say, Report! I am happy to report that this morning as I approached my "some times friend" that I call the scale, I did so with a little fear and trembling. What was going to be the good news? Was it going to be favorable? Had I accomplished anything during the last week of effort? I kept thinking of the dessert that I had passed on, and the candy that was right in front of me last night as I stepped up to the plate. Like a big league batter steps up on the plate at home base and waits for the perfect pitch to come his way.... I stepped on, and I gave it a few seconds and then I looked down.....

Do you know what happened next? My friend, my Friend!!! 32 pounds was Back!! I had never been so happy to see 32 pounds again in my whole life.... That one little aggravating pound that came back after a weekend of careless food intake (ok mindless eating) had finally found it's way off of my body and onto some other mindless eater out there.

I wIll forever welcome my friend, 32 pounds, into my life! I never want to be without him. And I want to meet some of his friends, 33, 34, and 35 real soon! Just keeping it real....

No comments: