Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 21, 2011

It's Amazing What You Can Find In The Bottom Of Your Closet

I started a project yesterday afternoon that I had been putting off for way too long. I began the process of cleaning out my walk in closet. It is actually a shared closet with my husband but all my junk and mess had far exceeded my allotted space and I had basically taken over the majority of the space.

When you opened the door the clothes, hand bags, shoes, socks and other misc items were sort of just piled in the center of the closet. Well not sort of, they were piled up into a nice mountain. (just ask my husband - he had to take up mountain climbing just to get to his side). LoL

After the first twenty minutes I quickly realized why I had been putting off tackling this project. It was going to be hard work! And who wants to work hard all week and come home on the weekend to do more work? Not me but let's face it folks my only other choice was to buy all new clothes, and handbags and call in a dump truck to haul off this mess.

After all the sorting, I had several nice smaller piles (mountains) to deal with. I hung up everything on the correct type of hanger, pants on pants hangers, blouses on the correct hanger so as not to "slid" off onto the floor as had previously happened. The handbags all found a new home on one of my built-in shelves, and the shoes all found their mates, a rather large bag of clothes that I will never wear again was bagged for charity, and all my jackets, coats and other bulky outer weat was moved to a coat closet. I even found two belts that will assist me in holding up my way too baggy pants!

I am not completely done with this project, but at least I dealt with that mountain! Now how does this all relate to my journey to a new me? Well I thought you would never ask! I learned a valuable lesson. It would have been a lot less work for me to deal with the stuff if I had taken a little time at the end of each day to put my clothes, handbags, shoes etc in their place at the end of each day. Like wise, if I take time every day to do what I know I need to do, keep up with my calories, drinking my water and exercising, I can keep the pounds from piling up on me! And if a pound should creep up on me unexpectedly I can deal with it right then before it becomes a mountain!

1 comment:

Kalie said...

Haha. Karris and I thought that mountain comment about Uncle Kevin was SO funny! :) We love you! Keep up the great work!