Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Going, Going, Gone... I'm Down 39 Pounds

As I approached my friend, Mr. Scale today I did so with great confidence. I got on today knowing that I had done the best that I could do. Knowing that I would see results. Knowing that I was well on my way to a healthier me. Well the waiting was over, I stepped on, and looked down and I got to say "Hello 39 Pounds!". I was excited but I had to curb my enthusiasm just a bit because my husband was still asleep. But Wow! Many thoughts went through my mind.

My first thought was in one more pound I would hit my short term goal of 40 pounds and I could treat myself to my favorite breakfast, a Martins steak biscuit.

Next, I thought, this is cool I am only 11 pounds from my goal of losing 50 pounds by Easter! Then my husband and I can go back to Stoney River for an awesome filet steak.

But then I STOPPED and thought for a minute..... What am I doing? Why does every "weight loss goal" have a food as it's reward? This is the very thing that I need to Stop! All the world does not revolve around food? Does it? Well honestly in my world maybe it does!

I need to think of new ways to reward my hard efforts. Maybe I can finally buy a pair of pants that don't slide off my waist and hang on my hips. Or spend a day at the spa getting pampered. Or maybe for every Fifty pounds that i lose I can take a day off work and have a nice three day weekend away with my husband. (anyone want to dog sit my four miniature schnauzers?

I need to focus on the acheivement. The miracle of a pound lost. A pound that I never want to find again. So, with that being said, that's what I will do. I will set up small three or four day weekend events that I can share with my Number One encourager, supporter, and friend, my husband. Oh how I love him so! So, with this new plan set I will gladly reach for my
Goals. And before you know it I will be walking down River Street in Savannah or taking a trolley ride in St. Simons Island, or just escaping to the mountains. But whatever it is and wherever we go FOOD will no longer be my reward. With that being said, no declared!
I better pack some sunscreen because I see some balmy days ahead!

No comments: