Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Eat Fast Food If You Must... Just be smart about it!

If you have to eat fast food it can be done for under 400 calories, if you pay attention to what you are doing. In fact, today I did just that!

I have been super busy at work, not only with my calls and customers but I am helping out with a friends desk while they are out of the office this week. Today I felt rushed all day and it was 1:10pm and I had not stopped for lunch. My bagel thin & low fat cream cheese at 8am this morning were a distant memory.

I had a can of soup but I wanted to get out of the office. I could go to Cracker Barrel for my grilled chicken and veggies but I wanted to "save" that for my once a week lunch with my BFF. So what to do & where to go?

I used my www.myfitnesspal.com to look up fast food that was close by my office and found Mcdonalds Hamburger Happy Meal with no cheese on the burger, and instead of fries I subbed the apple slices and low fat Carmel dip. My lunch with a large un-sweet tea was only 355 calories!!!! Wow! It was tasty, filling, and low calorie too! It sort of felt like a "cheat" minus the guilt.

So if you have to eat on the run, do it for less calories than you think. Take a few minutes Before ordering to see how many calories are in some of those quick $1.00 value menu items and you might decide to stick with the Happy Meal without the fries as I did.

No comments: