Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Don't Lose Heart It Will Happen!

Some times it takes longer to get where your going than what you had originally calculated. Whether your trying to drive to an appointment, your using google maps, or my favorite good old GPS. Some times even when you can see how far the distance is and the estimated time of arrival (ETA) you just can't get there in the time specified.

That is very similar to weight loss. When I began this journey on Dec 11,2010 I had a long term goal in mind. lose 100 pounds in one year. And much to my surprise, the pounds just seemed to melt off of my body, for the first 4-6 weeks that is. But then I hit the infamous "plateau" and sat at 32 pounds of weight loss for two weeks! Then I took matters into my own hands and tried to "jolt" my system, and we saw what good that dis me. I gained one pound and had to work a full week to lose it, just to get back to my original "plateau".

Well today I am happy to report that I went skipping right past 33 and landed on 34 pounds of weight loss, yesterday! Which was something to celebrate for sure. But just for fun I got on my trusted friend, Mr. scale, and he had more great news! I am now down one more pound! hello 35!!! Where have you been all my life?

This is a great feeling, to be able to look at two months of hard work and to see these types of results! I am excited and can't wait until I reach my next goal. I want to lose 50 by Easter. I hereby challenge myself. It's only 14 pounds. How hard can it be. Stay tuned and I guess we'll see.

No comments: