Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 27, 2011

WOW I Did It! I Got My Move On!

Today was the day that I broke the cycle. I Excercised! Yes, I worked out on the elliptical and burned 284 calories!!! Can you believe it? It was not as hard as I had pictured in my mind. I got on with idea that maybe I could make it for Five minutes. How hard could that be?

With my left foot bandaged with a "super size" band-aid, and two pair of socks, I climbed on board to see if I could do. And to my great surprise it was easier than I had anticipated. I wasn't trying to run a race but found myself keeping a consistent speed of 2.5 mph sometimes even faster!

I had brought along a secret weapon to help me keep my mind off the task of excercising I brought my iPad. Yes I had already begun watching a chick flick a few days earlier, Sweet Home Alabama" with Reese Witherspoon, and found myself enjoying the movie so much that I stayed on for another five minutes, and then when that was done another five minutes! So after 15 minutes i had burned over 250 calories! This was so much easier than I thought it could be!

So why did I have such a mental block about exercising before now? Because once I had planted the thought in my head that it would be hard the enemy (Satan) wanted me to be in fear about it and to doubt my ability. Well guess what? I ain't afraid no more. My feet did serve me well. I had no pain, and I believe this is something that I can build on. It would be awesome to try to do this twice a day and then build to three times per day!

I am not an exerciser now, but i can, no Will be! Today was just the next step in a new and healthier me! I can't wait to watch the pounds roll off at a quicker pace.

No comments: