Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Celebrating My Mother On Mother's Day

I don't know about you, but I enjoy holidays. All holidays, both big and small. The ones that everyone celebrates and some that are a little less celebrated. But my favorites are Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, New Years Eve, Birthdays, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Father's Day and Mother's Day.
My Dad & Mom Easter 2011
My Mom is a very special person in my life.  She not only brought me into the world, but she has been there for me every step of the way.  She has been a great example for me to follow.  Her love for the Lord and others is one of her greatest attributes.  I always said when I grow up I wanted to be just like her.  Well it is funny but the older I get the more that I see more and more of my mother in me. 

I do not always tell her how important she is to me, but today I wanted to express my deepest love and appreciation  that I have for her.  It is so nice to live only three miles away from her and have such easy access to her any time I need to talk to her or see her.  We often get together for dinner out, or one of us will cook and have the other over to share a meal.  We never run out of things to say and we both enjoy scrapbooking together.

Mom, just in case I haven't told you lately how much you mean to me, please allow me this opportunity to say "I love you so much and I thank God every day to have you as my mother and friend!"

L-R  My sister ( Becky)  My Mom (Dorris) and Me taken Easter '2011



No comments: