Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spending Quality Time With My Daughter (Amber)

This past Thursday evening I had an opportunity to spend some much needed quality time with my daughter-in-law Amber. We have a mutual friend who offered to do facials and glamour make-overs and you can bet we did not pass up a chance to get gorgeous!

Our friend is a Mary Kay consultant and she invited us to her home to try out everything from cleansers,moisturizers, anti-aging cream (I needed that!) and a multitude of make-up, foundation, concealer, blush, eye shadow, eye liner, lip-liner, lipstick, and lip gloss.

I wasn't sure what to expect from the cleaning products and the make-up but I can proudly say that I was pleasantly surprised! I can remember using Mary Kay in the 80's and having to use water to get the eyeshadow to go on. (if you remember this application technique then you might be as old as I am!)
But this was not the case with the make-up on the table on this night.

Before we began the beautification process we were told that we needed  a "before" and "after" photo of ourself so that we could be entered into a contest with Mary Kay.  I don't remember the prizes but I believe it was money and free make-up?  I am not really sure, but we were there so why not enjoy the full experience. I promised my daughter-in-law that I would not post her picture
but at the end of the blog you will see my "before" and "after" picture.

You may be wondering what does a make-over have to do with My Journey To A New Me?  Well in my humble opinion EVERYTHING!!!  Why?  Because not only have I shed 55 lbs. I am becoming the person on the outside that I believe that I have always been on the inside.  No longer do I want to hide or cover myself up with too much make-up and oversized clothes!  I want to look like the person I am becoming and that is a healthier and happier me! 

The evening was a blast!  And I am so impressed with where Mary Kay has taken their products.  The make-up (foundation) went on lighter than the original foundation that I had used many years ago, and I stepped out of my comfort zone and used a shimmery light green eyeshadow on my lid, and chocolate brown lip liner with a true red lipstick.  We then topped the lips with a glossy shimmer and Waalaa we were finished.

Here are the before and after pictures.  Please don't make fun of me for having great time with my daughter-in-law and my friend.  It feels good to mix it up a little bit and try new things once in a while. Who knows next time you see me I may just be the proud winner of the "Before & After" Make-Over Contest with Mary Kay!   If you are in need of a good make-over I have a great friend who can help you out & she is a Mary Kay consultant too!   (Candace there is no fee for this little advertisement!)


Me "Before" My
 Mary Kay Make-Over


Me "After" My
 Mary Kay Make-Over!
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kathy - You are beautiful inside and out! What a fun time I had with you and Amber. Thank you for letting me share that special time with you. And...thank you for the free advertisement. Candice