Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 13, 2011

Getting Rid Of My "Big, Baggy & Busy" Clothes

During the past four to six weeks I have begun to shop for clothes for myself.  I held off purchasing new pants for as long as I could, but by the time I had dropped 40 pounds none of my pants would stay up.  The belts helped to hold them up but there was so much extra fabric that they really looked bad.

The picture shown here from 5-6  weeks ago was an outfit that I had worn on a Sunday morning to church service where I sang up on the stage on the praise team.  As you can tell, the pants are so baggy that I have no "shape".

I began to wonder what should I do with all of these clothes?  There is nothing wrong with them, other than they no longer fit me.  They still have a lot of life in them, but not on me!  I purchased six pairs of new pants and after wearing three of them, and realizing that they were becoming baggier on my frame by the day,  I ended up taking three pairs back to the store and replaced them with three pair of capris in the next smaller size!

During Easter weekend my girlfriend and I walked into a consignment shop and I purchased a super cute brown top.  This may not sound like a big deal, but this was the first time that I can remember ever being able to purchase something for myself at a consignment store.  Why?  Because the consignment stores do not have clothes to fit me, except now they do!  I am excited because I can actually buy normal clothes at normal stores. 

Me Christmas '2009
So again I asked myself, what do I do with all these Big, Baggy and Busy clothes?  When we were leaving the consignment store I asked if they ever take plus size women's clothes, and the owner said "Yes"!   She gave me all the details and a copy of the consignment agreement to review.  On Thursday I gave forty clothing items to the consignment shop.  I hope every piece finds a new home! 

Besides making a little money off the sell of my clothes, I can think of two other benefits to cleaning out my closet.  I now have a little extra space in my closest and with the good Lord's help,  I will never be that size again!  So here's to smaller sizes in my immediate future!  Watch out shopping malls, shopping centers,and outlet stores,  I am coming your way!!!


Me in my new clothes & testing my
new Mary Kay make-over


No comments: