Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Wedding In The Meadow - A Reception And BBQ In A Barn!

Today was a beautiful day for a wedding! We started our day with a trip to my favorite breakfast spot in North Georgia. We dined at Echo Truck Stop. 

 I know it sounds like a crazy place to dine but I like it! I ordered three eggs "hold two of the yokes please" sprinkle in about a tablespoon of shredded cheese and cook them in Pam cooking spray instead of oil with a biscuit for "dipping" in that yummy white gravy, a piece of homemade sausage and instead of hash browns, fried potatoes or a bowl of grits I ordered sliced tomatoes. Now that was a tasty healthy breakfast!


I think the pictures tell the story here. Everything was delicious and I made a "Happy Plate". Now back to the rest of my busy day. Back at the lake house I had much to do to prepare dinner for the crew of people who would be joining us for dinner after the wedding activities. I prepared my nearly world famous lasagna with Italian sausage. Yes, believe it or not I to can eat lasagna on my journey to a new me. Don't tell anyone but all the cheese used in this delicious meal were reduced fat (not no fat, but 1% milk fat) this would save on some of those calories and allow me to eat without the guilt!

We arrived at the wedding with about ten minutes to spare. We walked down behind the barn into a beautiful green meadow with an ampitheater of trees as the backdrop. We sat patiently listening to music and fanning ourselves with the sweetest homemade brown cardboard paper fan ever made, and the bridal party began to file in. When the bride started descending into the meadow the birds began to sing. I could barely hear them over the music being played over the speakers that were set up but they were there ready to put their seal of approval on the vows that were about to be shared. Other than a little technical difficulty with the sound not being loud enough at the beginning, everything seemed to go off without a hitch. The grooms father performed the ceremony and the groom's brother and the bride's sister sang a beautiful song "The Promise" that the groom had written for the occasion.

The bridal party stayed in the meadow to take their pictures and all the guests retreated to the barn for trays of meatballs and other finger foods. I did not partake in any of these items because I was way too busy catching up with so many friends that I had not seen in several years from our home church. It was great to see everyone and to share with them how I was losing the weight on my journey to a new me!  The wedding cake was beautiful with chocolate, strawberry and vanilla cake but I took everyone else's word for it knowing that I had a great dinner ahead of me.  I was able to say "no thank you to the cake".  I was proud of me!!!

When we arrived back at  the lakehouse we dined on the homemade lasagna, salad and garlic bread.  The meal was scrumptous and we had leftovers for another day. 

I am not sure why I was so nervous going into this holiday weekend about blowing it on my journey to a new me because I was in complete control of
all the meals, all the ingredients and my portion sizes.  I was in control of everything that I put into my mouth and had no temptation that caused me to stumble.

With  63.2 pounds down and 36.8 pounds to go to reach my 100 pounds in one year, fear is no longer going to have a place in my journey to a new me.  I am staying the course to finish this race!  In closing here are a few pictures from our great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: