Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 27, 2011

Making Big Plans For A Holiday Weekend








Well the first holiday of the summer is finally here! And with it comes big plans for fun and relaxation along with a wedding sprinkled in. My good friend from North Carolina is coming to join us at the lake and we will spend time swimming, boating and getting a glorious summer tan!

This year my holiday weekend will not be any different than all the others that I have enjoyed in the past. There will be cook-outs, hanging out with family and friends, playing cards and games, spending time on the water, cooking big meals and EATING? On My Journey To A New Me there is one thing that is going to happen and that is I am going to eat, and eat good! But during my journey to a new me I know the limit, I must not eat more than 1400 calories per day.

So how will I monitor what I am putting into my mouth over this holiday weekend? Very carefully! It is not always the easiest thing to do but www.myfitmesspal.com makes it more manageable because it can help me look up the calories and nutrition for everything that I eat.

Did I mention a wedding in my list of activities that I have going on this weekend? Well we are attending the wedding of a young man that we had in our youth group many years ago. He
is all grown up and starting out on the married life this Saturday. Congratulations Caleb! I know you are excited. Now how about the reception? What to do about all the food that is going to be present. And the temptations that abound! And let's not forget about the wedding cake! I am sure it wil be beautiful and delicious but I may have to take someone else's word for it on the taste part!

I am looking forward to this long anticipated three day weekend and I am anxious to see how well that I do on my journey to a new me! There is always something new and exciting around the corner! Happy Memorial Day Everyone! God Bless our troops who are fighting for our safety, security and freedom! We salute every veteran past and present!

No comments: