Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Even My Chiropractor Did Not Recognize Me!!!

My husband told me tonight that on his visit to the Chiropractor's office today he had an interesting conversation with the chiropractor about me.  During a recent dinner at our favorite Mexican restaurant we ran into our chiropractor having dinner with one of his friends.   Well, it did not happen exactly like that.  Let me start from the beginning. 

Kevin and I had decided to meet for dinner and as usual he beat me to the restaurant.  After I sat down and ordered my unsweet tea he told me that he had seen several people we know at the restaurant.  He mentioned that I should go over and say hello to our chirorpractor and he pointed to where he was sitting in a booth across the restaurant from our booth.

As I approached his table he looked up at me with a "What do you want?" sort of stare.  I greeted him and he gave me another look, :"Why are you talking to me like you know me?"  He was thinking, "Am I suppose to know who you are?"  I then told him that my husband Kevin had told me to come over and speak to him.  He then smiled and said "Yes, I saw him sitting over there earlier."  He was trying to recover but you could tell he was still trying to figure out who I was exactly.

Tonight Kevin told me he had gone into the doctor's office and they were talking and the subject came up about me and my success on my journey to a new me and the doctor said, "Kevin, I have a confession to make.  When Kathy came over to my table and started talking to me,  I did not recogize her at all.   She looked so different.  She has really lost a ton of weight!"  And Kevin said yes, my wife is working real hard to lose 100 pounds in one year!

Wow!  This was so neat!  Someone that I only go to see 2 maybe 3 times per year did not know who I was because of my weight loss.  Just think how much more fun it will be when I hit my 100 pound goal and he sees me at a restaurant somewhere, that will be very interesting!

Why did I share this little story today?  Some times it is hard to see what others are seeing.  I said way back in the very beginning of this journey that the bigger you are the longer it will take for people to notice the weight loss. As an obese person it would take more than 5 or 10 pounds for someone to say "Hey you are looking good, like maybe you have lost some weight". 

When people notice it is nice, but when they notice and "Say" something it is even better.  Those words of encouragement are music to the hears of people who are trying to gain control of their eating and become healthier.  I am in this journey for the long haul.  There is a new adventure around every corner.  Who knows you may see me next and you too will look at me with a blank stare and wonder, "Do I know you?" 

No comments: