Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Few More Pictures of My Garden


O'Stella Daylillies & Lamb's Ear 
(Both are perennials and come back every year!")

I had several people ask about my flower gardens after my recent post and I thought that I would post a few additional pictures and list the names of the flowers in the pictures.


Lamb's Ear (soft & silvery) This unusual perennial is aggressive
and tends to re-seed & spread, but it is easily managed and great for sharing
with others.  It contrasts nicely with other plants, and flowers.

Clematis Vines (There are 3 vines planted in purple & raspberry & magenta)
Varigated hostas, Blue buttons on far left not in bloom yet,  crepe myrtle tree
on background without blooms yet


Nikko Blue Hydrangea (I love this old fashioned "Snow Ball" shrub
Red Knock-Out Rose Bush (shown on right)  Hostas in foreground.
Aztec Lilly (yellow with red tips)  White Salvia,
and Lambs Ear (shown far right)



Gardening is not only a healthy activity for me but also a rewarding way to spend an early morning
or late evening.  I learned a long time ago that gardening in the heat of the day is not for the
 "faint of heart".  On My Journey To A New Me I am enjoying working in my flower gardens more
and more and I am able to take a little of the sunshine inside to brighten up my home.


No comments: