Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 13, 2011

Small Groups Are Special

Kevin demonstrates his Primary
 Love Language, Physical Touch with me!



My husband and I have been leading Small Groups in the different churches  that we have attended over the past ten years and we recently lead a small group that did the study on The Five Love Languages. If you have never read this book I highly recommend it. Whether you are married, single, want to get married, never been married, or never want to get married, there is a version of this book that is applicable to you!

Dr. Gary Chapman wrote this book many years ago and it has helped tens of thousands of couples and singles alike to discover what there "primary" emotional love language is.  It is one of those books that reads like a story instead of a "how to fix a problem" book.   While reading his stories of counseling with different individuals and couples you will probably see a little bit of yourself, yor spouse, your family members and friends. We all have a primary love language, but discovering what yours is would be the begining of a better understanding of how God created you.

The Five Love Languages are: Quality Time, Acts of Service, Words of Affirmatiom, Receiving Gifts, and Physical Touch.   Just reading those five types probably has got your mind thinking, "I wonder which one I am"?  Or "I bet my husband is _________.".   I suggest that if you read the book that you do so and make  a commitment to yourself that you will not complete the self assessment profile untill after you have read all the chapters that discuss the individual love languages. I believe you will be greatly encouraged by this book and all that you can discover about yourself and the ones you love.

Now back to my story, we completed our class and had a end of the small group dinner at one of the participants home. Mary and Steve Cain opened their home to us and we enjoyed many hours of food, fun, fellowship and Laughter! We had a great time and it was a decided that we would try to meet every few months to follow up with each other and to see how full each others Love Tank was.  Steve loves to take pictures and here are just a few that I would like to share.

(pictured left to right) Steve, Mary, Kevin, Candace, Will, Amber,
Tom, Michelle, Kevin, Kathy, Nancy, Randy Tammy & Dennis

We had so much food!! But I stayed within my 1400 calories
for the day!!  I was so proud of myself!!!

We have already planned our next get together for July 9th at Lake Hartwell.  And if all goes as planned I will have hit my 75 pounds lost mark by then.  I still have July 4th set as my target date for the 75 pounds and at the rate that I am going, I will be there before I know it!

No comments: