Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 25, 2011

45 Down .. 5 Pounds To Go By Easter!

Yes! I am at the "5 Pounds To Go" marker before hitting my 50 pound goal by Easter. It looks great on Mr. Scale to! I have a confession to make. I weigh for two or three days to just "make sure" the numbers on the scale stay the same before bringing you this report. I wouldn't want to make such a big announcement one day and the next day due to water weight or something have gained that one pound back. Would you?

Well thinking of this last 5 pounds of unwanted fat, I decided to break it down. Five pounds is approximately one pound to lose per week between now and Easter. How could i "guarantee" myself success in reachimg this goal? I could try one of the latest fad diets out there and drop that five pounds in a couple of weeks. You know the ones that they advertise on TV and in the magazines. Or I could do it with the latest exercise piece of equipment that Suzanne Sommers is pushing on her latest info commercial. You know the one that for Six Easy Payments of $39.95, but wait there's more. If you act now we will double your order for no additiional charge except for shipping and handling! WOW what a deal! Or maybe I could fast for a week and only drink carrot or celery juice and try to drop those five pounds. But wait I forgot about the cabbage soup diet. That's a good way to shed a few pounds. You eat the soup and then take up residence in the bathroom!

If this all sounds a little silly to you, let me tell you how ridiculous it sounds to me! After starting this Journey To A New Me and un-brainwashing myself from all the crazy thinking out there about how to lose weight and get healthy, you can bet your last dollar that I wouldn't go back down ANY of those roads of Weight Loss Failure.

There are some roads in life that you go down and you look around at your surroundings and you say to yourself "Hey this is a nice area, I wouldn't mind living here.". And then there are other roads you go down and you find yourself locking all your car doors and putting up your windows, and slumping down in your seat a little bit and getting out of there as fast as you got there. You know what I am talking about. Those scary places you ride into by accident and you pray that you can find your way out without getting shot, or your car being vandalized.

Well folks those fad diets and get fit quick schemes are just as scary to me. And now that I have seen the light I won't be driving down those roads ever again! I will continue doing what I have been doing since December 11,2010. And when Easter comes in four short weeks I know that I will have a happy surprise waiting for me in my Easter Basket, and that is a goal of 50 pounds accomplished. Then I can begin my next step on my journey to hit 75 by Labor Day!
So if your asking me, I guess there are no chocolate Easter bunnies in my future, or maybe I can just bite off one of his ears! Happy Spring Everyone!

No comments: