Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Challenge of The Day... Go Topless!!!

Yes, you heard me right... go Topless! But before you go thinking I have hit my head, or fallen off my rocker, let me explain. Every day we eat food that is not as un-healthy as it is too much. We go to Subway and order a six inch or maybe if we're super hungry a twelve inch sub, or through a drive-thru to pick up a hamburger, chicken sandwich, barbecue sandwich etc. What do all of these things have in common? A bun, a roll, an enriched white flour baked good that not only provided a platform for your creation, but a "roof" as well (the top).

Let me hereby challenge all the sandwich, sub, biscuit, croissant, and breakfast sandwich eaters out there. For the next three days take the plunge... Take the top off! You would be surprised at how many calories you can remove from your daily intake by trying this little tid-bit.

And while your at it, you may also want to order your salads topless. You ask, "How would I order my salad topless? There is no bun or bread on my salad. My salad is a healthy food choice." Oh but is it? How many "hidden calories" are there in the salad dressing,cheese, and croutons. Not to mention all the homemade salad concoctions that we find out there, like potato salad, macaroni salad, jello salad, chicken salad, and tuna salad. let me state for the record, not all salads were created equal!

So back to the topless salad part of my challenge. Why don't you order your salad with the dressing, cheese and croutons on the side. Then you can control how much, if any you eat. There is a little trick that I learned many years ago at a Weight Watchers meeting that I am still using today. Order the dressing on the side, and "dip" your fork in the dressing and let the excess drip off the fork. Then stab the salad veggies onto the fork and instead of drowning the veggies into tasting like salad dressing, you can enjoy the veggies and still have a "taste" of the dressing. At the end of your salad check out how much dressing is still in the container. Mine is usually still almost full.

So go ahead, try it. Go Topless for three days and see if your missing anything... Except maybe a pound on two the next time you visit your Mr. Scale!

No comments: