Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 4, 2011

Big Weekend - Big Plans With My Mom

Have you ever had something that you had planned for a while? Something you were looking forward to doing? Maybe a trip that had been planned for a while. You were so looking forward to the special thing or event that you couldn't hardly contain your excitement. But then as the day arrives you realize that you aren't ready? You don't have all your loose ends tied up? You don't have all your "ducks in a row"? You aren't packed, and you are wondering what all you should bring. Will it be warm or should I carry sweaters and jackets? You are running short on time and the clock just keeps ticking. Well my friends that crazy sounding person is me today

I am the person who made a commitment to go with my mother to a ladies retreat. I took the day off of work so that I could have some good quality time with my mother. I really don't know the other women who will be attending but I am sure that I will have a nice time getting to know them but the person that I am doing this for is me, and my mom.

We only live three or four miles a part and we see each often times once or twice a week. We often talk on the phone every day, but In our every day, often busy and hectic lives we don't spend time connecting with one another. I can't remember the last time we had a "lets have fun" kind of weekend. Well this is the weekend that we are going to do just that.

The problem is I just have so much to do before we can get started. Where do I begin? I guess the best place to start is at the beginning. I will pack all kinds of clothes, some healthy snacks, and all the scrapbooking stuff that I can fit into my car. Oh yes, did I fail to mention that this is a Scrapbooking Retreat! For three days we will be doing nothing but creating beautiful memories of our family and loved ones. And I can't wait to start recording my journey to a new me in pictures. Who knows maybe I will post a few on my blog so that you can all see my progress. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Kalie said...

Good idea! WE LIKE PICTURES! Karris and I were wondering where the pictures were after the first blog entry! Keep up the great work and we LOVE YOU!